- Position Type: Full-time
Sunnyvale, California or Hopewell Junction, New York
The Associate EOV Analyst role is an introductory position for the End of Voyage profession. The employee is expected to perform the full range of duties of the Fleet Information Technician position, handling the most complex situations and exercising independent judgement. The employee would also begin to train on basic EOV concepts and techniques.
Reporting to either the Team Manager or Assistant Team Manager; the employee, with manager approval, has the ability to fast track into Level 1 of the End of Voyage profession.
The Associate EOV analyst processes basic messages from the EOV incoming queue, and is able to quality control data for high priority clients and to send pertinent data requests for outstanding or incomplete data. The EOV Associate is expected to identify ways the EOV and FIT teams can work together better from both an operational and overall business perspective. The EOV Associate is expected to fully participate in meetings and projects and to help each other meet the quality and productivity standards in place.
- Handle basic incoming EOV related messages while correcting data for underway voyages, as performed at the FIT IV level.
- Check route data for errors/omissions and correct as necessary. This will be especially important for our high priority clients who expect report turnaround within 36 hours.
- Interprets and updates all charter party terms and clauses to conform to accepted industry standards to expedite the End of Voyage issuance process
- Matches all distances to within 2nm of what has been reported by the captain
- Identify and document master intended and actual sailed routes which differ from the AWT recommended, in order for a route comparison to be issued at the End of Voyage stage
- Write data request messages for outstanding or incomplete information and leave for review by the Coordinator.
- Gain a complete understanding of CP terms/weather thresholds and how to interpret/apply to the voyage.
- Compile EEOI reports.
- Quality control web tracking voyages upon arrival and clear them out of the arrival queue.
- Quality control voyages which do not need EOV reports and clear them out of the arrival queue.
- Ability to interpret and enter data accurately.
- Proactive when it comes to problem solving.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and set or reorder priorities.
- Ability to respond quickly to workflow fluctuations or changes in priorities and to meet deadlines accordingly.
- Familiarity with MS Word.
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills.
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 12-18 months of experience from start of hire date with Manager approval or Manager approval through review.
StormGeo is a global provider of advanced analytics, ship performance and meteorological services to deliver decision support for weather sensitive operations. The Shipping division of StormGeo was until January 2017 known as Applied Weather Technology (AWT). The company has a leading position in solutions for shipping, offshore, energy markets, and corporate enterprise business continuity. StormGeo has 24 offices worldwide of which 6 are 24/7/365 operation centers covering all geographical areas of the world. StormGeo is an ISO-9001 certified company. For more information visit www.stormgeo.com.