Leading the technology transformation of StormGeo Group
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Bergen
StormGeo is looking for a technology visionary and strong leader to help take our product development, advanced analytics and machine learning capabilities to the next level. As StormGeo’s Chief Technology Officer, you will lead and develop a world-class team to further strengthen StormGeo’s analytical approach, providing clients with impactful, actionable insights and tools. The role will be vital in unlocking new values from StormGeo’s data and analytic assets. You will report directly to the CEO of StormGeo.
As StormGeo’s CTO you will:
- Lead, develop and expand a team of 50+ product developers and data scientists across multiple geographies.
- Sets the mission and vision of an agile product development and promote a business oriented culture and mindset.
- Provide thought leadership in technology, analytic techniques and business applications to unlock the value of StormGeo’s unique data sets.
- Manage the team that drives the business requirements for the company’s data platform to enable advanced analytics, machine learning, predictive modeling and decision optimization.
- Ensure future data requirements and delivery road maps are robust and complete.
- Continually review the environment to challenge our assumptions around new sources of data, tools, talent, and potential partners.
- A visionary thought leader, with the ability to articulate a vision and strategy.
- Graduate level degree required with background in statistics, economics, engineering, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Senior management experience in leading development teams and to build and release high quality software.
- Experience with advanced statistical techniques, including concepts of machine-learning, predictive modeling and optimization.
- Experience with various infrastructure platforms including hybrid architectures combining public and private clouds, as well as good understanding of information and data security.
- Proven experience in leading and inspiring a high-performing team to support growth objectives that gets the most and best out of people, sets and communicates goals, measures results, holds people accountable, gives useful feedback and provides coaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders.
The position will ideally be located at StormGeo headquarters in Bergen, Norway. For the right candidate other European locations will be considered.
If you find the above motivating and challenging, please upload your application and resume as soon as possible here (Bønes Virik), and no later than May 24th. If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Liv Braathen, Bønes Virik, mobile+47 488 49 499 or Kent Zehetner, CEO StormGeo, mobile +47 918 13 762.
StormGeo is a global provider of weather information and advanced analytics to deliver operative and strategic decision support to our customers. The company has a world leading position for products and services to the shipping, oil & gas and renewables industries as well as corporate enterprise solutions. StormGeo has 22 offices.