Introductory EOV Analyst – Level 1
This is the entry level position title within this series. Employees are expected to perform the full range of entry level duties and to train for the next level. Reporting to the EOV Supervisor, the Introductory EOV Analyst – Level 1 processes simple messages from the incoming queue and is able to complete less difficult reports and place them in the proofread queue for coordinator review. All EOV analysts are expected to identify ways the team can work together better from both an operational and overall business perspective. Each team member is expected to fully participate in meetings and projects and to help each other meet the quality and productivity standards in place.
- Handle the simpler incoming messages.
- Check all route data for errors/omissions and correct as necessary.
- Determine how to best analyze routes and assign performance speeds.
- Compile simple reports and leave for review by the Coordinator.
- Write data request messages and leave for review by the Coordinator.
- Preferred B.S. degree or equivalent in Atmospheric Science/Meteorology or Physical Science or equivalent amount of work experience.
- Maritime knowledge or experience preferred.
- Ability to enter data accurately.
- Proactive when it comes to problem solving.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and set or reorder priorities.
- Ability to respond quickly to workflow fluctuations or changes in priorities and to meet deadlines accordingly.
- Familiarity with MS Word.
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills.
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills.
- Ability to work within either operational office for the duration of the training period which can extend upwards to 12 months from hire date.
StormGeo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
This is a full time exempt position working from our office in Sunnyvale, CA.
StormGeo is a world leader of shore-based ship routing advisory services and software, on-board voyage optimization systems and fleet management systems. The company’s mission is to provide innovative decision support solutions and services that enable companies in the maritime industry to improve effectiveness, increase profitability, maintain safety, and minimize environmental impact.
The company routes 60,000 ship voyages annually and 6,000 vessels are fitted with StormGeo on-board ship routing software. Its award winning products and services are designed to help ship owners, charterers, operators, fleet managers and captains identify the safest, most time-efficient or fuel-efficient routes for their fleets. StormGeo Shipping is headquartered in California's Silicon Valley, with worldwide offices in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New York, Shanghai, Singapore and the UK.
StormGeo is a market leader, providing decision support services and products for weather sensitive operations. The company offers solutions in the offshore oil and gas, shipping, renewable energy, onshore business continuity, media and aviation industries. The StormGeo Group is headquartered in Bergen, Norway and operates out of 22 offices in 16 countries. More information is available at www.stormgeo.com.