- Position Type: Full-time
Hopewell Junction, New York
Reporting to a Team Manager/Assistant Manager, the Fleet Information Lead provides a leadership role to Fleet Information Technicians in the NY Office and the overall FIT staff. The lead will collaborate with managers in the NY Office to understand their goals and priorities and will assist in developing and implementing operational objectives within NY FIT and overall FIT staff.
As Fleet Information Lead, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring NY FIT staff are up to date on the latest information and procedures; providing training and support for continued professional development. The lead ensures an employee training and development program is implemented for personnel development to produce a workforce that is motivated, flexible, technically astute, and consistent with company culture and values. Although carrying out normal operational duties, according to your own professional skillset, you should see leadership as a key attribute of your role.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining the new application schedule.
- Creating and maintaining the phone schedule.
- Maintaining the time-off request calendar.
- Overtime reports to assist with payroll.
- Providing training and development programs for all employees. These programs should broaden the knowledge base of the team as a whole especially when it comes to understanding of StoemGeo, its mission, its values and of the maritime industry.
- New Staff – training and information designed to successfully launch new fleet information staff.
- Career Development – in support of efforts to develop employees through all levels within fleet information.
- NY Training – to ensure the entire NY FIT team is kept up to date with the latest tasks and maintaining records of their progress.
- Development, distributing and training of policies and procedures as approved by management.
The position is also responsible for shift coordination, assigning employees to various tasks as required to balance the work load/prioritize duties. Additionally, procedural, personnel and training support through meetings and daily interaction.
As Fleet Information Lead, you are expected to work closely with the Fleet Information Supervisor and the Head of Profession FIT to achieve profession goals/responsibilities.
Employees must be able to work rotating shifts, with varying days off, work nights and/or weekends and are expected to be able to perform the functions and duties of all shifts.
As a lead you will be expected to identify ways the FIT team can work together better from both an operational and overall business perspective. Attend meetings to review all issues, discuss ideas to improve team operations, fully participate in projects and identify key areas to improve the efficiency of the department and to help meet the productivity standards in place.
- Create and maintain the new application schedule, phone schedule, time off request calendar and overtime reports.
- Create and maintain training programs and information for all fleet information staff.
- Create and distribute policies and procedures.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and supervision of the fleet information staff within NY FIT by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other managers/supervisors to support initiatives by understanding objectives, issues, needs, and key success factors. Participate in planning processes and promote best practices for NY FIT.
- Work operational shifts within the team.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Qualified fleet information technician with at least two years of operational experience.
- Demonstrates high level of leadership and technical acumen.
- Demonstrates high degree of independent judgment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, innovate, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills.
- Ability to independently diagnose and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, follow-up on and/or bring matters to closure and to make sound judgments.
- Increased knowledge of business, verticals and impact of operational decisions.
- Consistently meets or exceeds highest level of productivity requirements.
- Ability to train, develop, motivate and effectively communicate with operations team members and other supervisors/managers.
- Ability to take initiative and set or reorder priorities
- Ability to respond quickly to workflow fluctuations or changes in priorities and to meet deadlines accordingly.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Proactive when it comes to problem solving.
StormGeo is a global provider of advanced analytics, ship performance and meteorological services to deliver decision support for weather sensitive operations. The Shipping division of StormGeo was until January 2017 known as Applied Weather Technology (AWT). The company has a leading position in solutions for shipping, offshore, energy markets, and corporate enterprise business continuity. StormGeo has 24 offices worldwide of which 6 are 24/7/365 operation centers covering all geographical areas of the world. StormGeo is an ISO-9001 certified company. For more information visit www.stormgeo.com.