- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Silicon Valley
This is the entry level position title within this series. Employees are expected to perform the full range of entry level duties and to train for the next level.
Reporting to the CS Management, the Weather Technician – Level 1 is responsible for supporting the weather data products used by the company’s proprietary software such as BonVoyage System (BVS), performing global frontal analysis and providing customer support for the BVS software.
The Weather Technician – Level 1, will ensure all incoming and outgoing data and products are delivered to their proper locations on time, and is expected to interface directly with development, IT, management, sales staff and customers when troubleshooting and correcting data processing issues. The incumbent works rotating shifts.
All Weather Technician are expected to identify ways the team can work together better from both an operational and overall business perspective. Each team member is expected to fully participate in meetings and projects and to help each other meet the productivity standards in place.
- Provides entry level customer and technical support for the BVS software
- Performs frontal and high-low analysis for SG-AWT’s products and services
- Creation and dissemination of tropical cyclone information for SG-AWT’s products and services
- Inspects weather data products to ensure proper display functionality within BVS software
- Manages SG-AWT’s database for BVS accounts within SG-AWT’s internal operation system
- Monitoring System Log and Alerts for technical issues related with weather data distribution to customers
- Monitor and log vessels not Polling into spreadsheets
- Trained and perform the global ice analysis
- Assigned additional tasks as instructed by management
- Minimum college student with an emphasis in studying a scientific field, a B. S. in a science related field, or a Navy/Air Force weather forecaster
- Proactive when it comes to problem solving
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and set or reorder priorities
- Ability to respond quickly to workflow fluctuations or changes in priorities and to meet deadlines accordingly
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills
- Good typing, analytical, and computer skills
- Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently, as needed, to meet shifting deadlines, priorities and schedules
StormGeo - Applied Weather Technology (SG-AWT) is a leading provider of shore-based ship route advisory services, onboard voyage management systems and fleet management systems. Its award winning products and services are designed to help ship owners, charterers, operators, fleet managers and captains identify the safest, most time-efficient or fuel-efficient routes for their fleets. Its products include BVS onboard voyage management system and shore-based Fleet Decision Support System (FleetDSS). SG-AWT is staffed by world-renowned experts in ship routing, meteorology, IT, and maritime science, as well as former ship captains. SG-AWT is headquartered in California's Silicon Valley, with worldwide offices in UK, Germany, New York, New Jersey, Japan, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Korea. The StormGeo Group is headquartered in Bergen, Norway and operates out of 22 offices in 14 countries.