- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Silicon Valley
Reporting to the Route Analyst Supervisor, the Route Analyst finds and communicates the optimum shipping route (safest, most time-efficient or fuel-efficient route) in order to protect the safety of the vessel, cargo and crew. The Route Analyst is able to research, assess and select the optimum shipping route for every ocean basin using a variety of tools and software programs to determine the optimum route, communicate it and respond to inquiries for climatologic and other information during the route from ship captains, companies/clients and sales offices. The Route Analyst also analyzes and provides route comparisons and effectively communicates route selection. This position works rotating shifts.
- Minimum B.S. degree or equivalent in Atmospheric Science/Meteorology or Physical Science or very high performance at RA Tech level
- Minimum four to five years of marine weather forecasting experience preferably as Navy or Air Force Weather Officer
- Ability to enter data accurately
- Proactive when it comes to problem solving
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and set or reorder priorities
- Ability to respond quickly to workflow fluctuations or changes in priorities and to meet deadlines accordingly
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills
- Able to work flexible rotating shifts
StormGeo offers a comprehensive full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
This is a full time exempt position working from our office in Sunnyvale, CA.
StormGeo is a leading provider of shore-based ship routing advisory services, on-board voyage optimization systems and fleet management systems. The company routes 60,000 ship voyages annually. Its award winning products and services are designed to help ship owners, charterers, operators, fleet managers and captains identify the safest, most time-efficient or fuel-efficient routes for their fleets. StormGeo Shipping is headquartered in California's Silicon Valley, with worldwide offices in UK, New York, Japan, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Korea.
StormGeo is a market leader, providing decision support services and products for weather sensitive operations. The company offers solutions in the offshore oil and gas, shipping, renewable energy, onshore business continuity, media and aviation industries. The StormGeo Group is headquartered in Bergen, Norway and operates out of 22 offices in 16 countries.