- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Bergen
If you're looking for a role that combines your love of IT and new technology, with your problem-solving and communication skills then look no further. StormGeo is hiring a Senior DBA to improve performance, integrity and security of our database architecture.
- Day-to-day management of StormGeo’s global database architecture, including monitoring, backup, recovery, and replication.
- Setup and maintenance of database monitoring tools
- Performance and index optimization
- Take part in development projects as an expert on database modelling, implementation and performance.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
- Capacity planning.
Desired skills and Experience
- Experience administering and monitoring MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL databases
- Database modelling and implementation.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant higher education from computer science/system engineering
- 3 years experience as DBA
- Experience from software development work is an advantage
- Experience administrating and monitoring PostgreSQL is an advantage
- Working in an international and distributed IT environment is considered as an advantage.
The position will be part of the StormGeo IT team and be located at our office in Bergen or Oslo and report directly to CTO.
Please apply only at email@example.com with the title Senior DBA, and attach your cover letter and CV. We look forward to hearing from you within May 31st 2017.
For questions please contact Lead Developer Torbjørn Gjerde at firstname.lastname@example.org.
StormGeo is a leading advanced analytics company delivering decision support for weather sensitive operations world-wide. We are proud to have some of the brightest minds in the industry, all creating and delivering quality, and inspiring each other to deliver cutting-edge solutions to our customers. Employing 350 skilled professionals, we provide advanced solutions to the offshore, shipping, media, onshore, aviation and renewable energy industries. StormGeo covers all geographical areas in the world on a 24/7 basis and has offices in Bergen, Norway (HQ), Oslo, Stavanger, Stockholm, Ringkøbing, Vilnius, Aberdeen, London, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Athens, Singapore, Baku, Houston, Dubai, Sunnyvale, Rio de Janeiro, Seoul, Hong Kong, New York, Oman, Miami, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Read more at www.stormgeo.com