Protect Crews With Advanced Weather Alerts
Watch this short (2:15s) video to discover why you need to have an up-to-date plan for lightning and how StormGeo helps prevent catastrophic injury and bolster worker safety through advanced weather technology.
Utility line workers are in the top ten most dangerous professions.*
As a result, regulatory environments such as OSHA are now requiring employer's to provide documented safety standards that pertain to weather hazards including (and especially) lightning.
Utility crews are constantly faced with weather risks while on the job.
- High winds can lead to boom failure and potential harm to crews
- A single lightning strike can turn into a catastrophic, even fatal disaster
- Flood waters can strand crews out in the field, putting them in harm's way
- Hurricanes can wipe out entire regions in an instant
What Are We Doing About It?
StormGeo puts crew safety on the front line by:
- Pushing lightning proximity alerts to your crew's smart phones based on their GPS coordinates -- keeping them ahead of the weather.
- Determining an alert perimeter, response time, and all clear to match your unique emergency plan.
- Working with your emergency teams to fully optimize your plan for weather and help execute training & drills.
- Fully meeting OSHA's new standards for weather hazard safety.