Nordic Power Market Outlook - Fall 2017 Nordic small. The long term report offers scenario analyses with an updated “Base case scenario” as well as the “Nena scenario” (using Nena forecasts for natural gas, coal and EUA prices).
This report is a great source of information for energy traders, analysts, and anyone looking for comprehensive insights into the market, and will be available from October 19.
The report will be presented at the Nena Energy Session taking place in Oslo, November 1, 2017.
- Persistent strong growth in renewable power will induce a Nordic production surplus until nuclear plants are decommissioned after 2040.
- Consumption growth is muted, but will new consumption sectors like road transport and data storages at some point bring back strong growth in the total Nordic electricity consumption?
- The agreement between Tenne T and Energinet Denmark to increase minimum available hourly capacity from DK1 to Germany has significant price impact for the next 10 years.
- Will Germany accelerate phase-out of lignite and hard coal, and will France reach its goal of reduced nuclear dependency? Traditional baseload capacity will be replaced by intermittent production capacity in Continental Europe. We discuss the flexibility challenge ahead and impact on the markets.
- Base case scenario is updated with new information regarding all relevant price drivers.
- Global gas- and coal market analyses are updated along with our long-term EUA price forecast and implemented in our special Nena scenario.
The 16th edition of our Elcert report gives insights into expected certificate price development under various scenarios: weather risk, technological, financial and political risk.
This report is a great source of information for energy traders, analysts, and anyone looking for comprehensive insights into the market, and will be available from October 25.
Key Features Fall 2017:
- Will the elcert price continue to fall on persistent investments and technological development
- Far too many projects than the market can room are pending investment decision. Already, more than 31 TWh is part of the goal. Which projects have really made final investment decision, and which are around the corner? We provide a complete up-to-date status on the goal.
- The surplus will increase substantially from 2020. Which effect will a rapidly increasing surplus have?
- The certificate surplus will continue to decline until 2020. Are there still any risk of a short-squeeze?
- We assess the elcert price development in various alternative scenario.
For more information and pre-order registration, click here.