The Sales Support / Junior Industry Manager (SSjrIM) representative’s primary focus will be toward assisting the (Senior) IM’s in sales prospecting and new sales lead generation. The SSjrIM representative will require (through internal training) a strong understanding of StormGeo’s meteorological services and solutions. The SSjrIM representative will be assigned to specific market segments that are led by the respective (Senior) IM. The SSjrIM will perform client and industry research, tele-marketing, cold-calling, follow-up for lead-generation, attend (and eventually lead) sales presentations and meetings. Additional tasks include marketing support, webinar and sales brochure assistance and development. The SSjrIM further supports the sales opportunity process from the initial lead to the point of handing the closed business off to the Service Implementation Manager who formally establishes the service solution. The SSjrIM reports to Vice President of Terra. This individual will be expected to meet in person with prospects on a regular basis and travel may be required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Prospect and industry research to position Weather Insights’ services.
• Tele-marketing and prospect calling with target to develop lead-generation.
• Support prospecting activities, follow-up on leads and meeting prospects.
• Supports the development of value proposition for specific industries and/or clients/prospects.
• Describes and demonstrates StormGeo’s products and services.
• Support the preparation of proposals.
• Supports the contract terms (services, fees, and term) negotiations.
• Obtains necessary authorizing documents to substantiate each sale.
• Continuously update information in Salesforce.
• Conducts industry and client research.
• Supports the development of marketing related materials.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required; preferred (not mandatory) Meteorology background.
• Work Experience: recent graduate up to 3 years of business experience.
• Affinity to enhance sales expertise (e.g. “translating” Weather Insights to client solutions)
• Interpersonal Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to present themselves in a professional manner. Must be a team player. Must demonstrate a desire to innovate new and effective ways to approach prospects.
• Organizational skills: Must demonstrate ability to have high attention to detail and be able to manage multiple sales campaigns, and opportunities in parallel.
• Direction Received: Self-motivated and able to function successfully with minimal supervision.
• Mental Effort: Frequent demand to establish priorities and meet goals and deadlines.
• Travel may be required throughout the US.