Perform tasks related to the support of Network & Security services, managing of network related projects regarding rollout of global VPN solution and Proof of concept testing SD-WAN, developing supplier relationships and assisting in architecture and design of the network environment. Network support includes an enterprise environment spanning 20+ countries, 3 on-premise datacenters and hybrid cloud environments SaaS/IaaS/PaaS (AWS, Azure, GCP). The job role requires administering and maintaining a Corporate WAN & LAN network, Firewall support & troubleshooting, WAN Optimization, Cloud Networking, and SaaS security, along with supporting other senior engineers in the Virtual infrastructure environment. This position will require a minimum qualification level of CCNP or an equivalent networking accreditation, relevant experience will also be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment which utilizes big data and machine learning to predict and analyze weather related events in support of our customer critical operations. Weather products require a unique data environment blending big data elements and low latency data processing, delivery of timely forecast data is a must to ensure operational continuity for a multitude of large international customers in Oil & Gas, Renewables, Media and Shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Network Administration ensuring operation and maintenance of LAN & WAN Global Network environment for 24/7 operation capability with 99.9% SLA uptime
- Supporting and troubleshooting MPLS, OSPF and BGP protocols
- Firewall configuration updates/maintenance & troubleshooting
- Load Balancer configuration/maintenance & troubleshooting
- Remote access solution support (VPN, VDI)
- Cloud networking support (Azure and AWS)
- Wireless network maintenance and troubleshooting
- Cloud VoIP solution operational support and troubleshooting
- Operational support of virtualization infrastructure in support of System Analysts.
- Perform 2nd/3rd Line Support duties as part of a global team in support of developer & employee issues and remote mobile workers
- Troubleshooting client/developer network issues related to common software and in-house developed software
- Documentation of technical procedures and ensuring internal documentation is in-line with business compliance requirements
- Monitoring system support and operation
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 5 years in a similar networking role
- CCNP or equivalent network experience
- Experience with Cisco IOS Catalyst Switches, Cisco Nexus 3K/5k switches (Nexus experience viewed as positive but not a firm requirement)
- Experience with Cloud services
- Experience with Palo Alto/Cisco or other NFGW vendor Firewalls and VPN technology
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers
- Experience with WAN Optimization technology
- Experience with Linux/Ubuntu Windows Server OS 2012/2016/2019
- Experience with Server Virtualization Platforms
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Must hold a valid passport, international travel will be required from time to time
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours when necessary to support 24/7 operations, compensation scheme available.
- Positive team player
Competitive salary + generous benefit scheme and employee perks.