StormGeo is expanding and strengthening the Technical Support Team in Europe for our Planning and Navigation services (P&N). Our clients are primarily shipping companies and vessels on a global scale. Main task will be to work in a shift based rotation providing 24/7 support for our clients subscribing to our s-Suite of products and services. The rotation is currently shared with a support team in Asia.
Basic IT understanding related to software installations, operating systems and similar are required.
Maritime knowledge is a strong advantage but the right mindset with both analytical and decision-making skills are important. As our industry is constantly evolving, the successful candidate should have the drive and desire to learn/embrace new challenges.
Main responsibility will be providing Tier 1 Technical Support to our clients who subscribe to our products and services. This will include software installations, crew training and general problem solving.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide client support via telephone and email.
- Support for our product suite, including digital charts and publications services;
- Start basic investigation of incoming problems via ticketing system
- Support problem tracking databases;
- Maintain status and resolution records;
- Suggest improvements for better performance of the products and services when needed;
- Involvement in customer installation and training.
- Work is rotation based, 7 days a week in collaboration with our other global teams
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Customer Service/Technical Support front line environment;
- Basic IT understanding related to software installations, operating systems and similar are required;
- Experience with Windows based platforms;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on effective communications with customers, team members and management;
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills with an ability to work unsupervised;
- Monitoring and following the procedures and suggesting implementations in order to raise the quality of the products and services.
- Maritime Navigation Services background;
- Technical knowledge of Digital Products provided by UKHO or equivalent;
- Experience with Navigational Systems and Programs, CRM systems or equivalent.
- Primary work location will be where we have our P&N teams already - Bristol or Aberdeen in UK or Athens Greece.
- However for the right candidate might any European country where StormGeo has an Office be an option.
- The candidate is self motivated for relevant Visas and work permits.
- Open minded and enthusiastic to learn new and continue with career development;
- Systematic, structured and proactive;
- Motivating, cooperative and resourceful;
- Good communicator and passionate about delivering the best Technical Support.