At StormGeo we love talented and passionate individuals who want to be part of unlocking the value of data! We are seeking an experienced and engaging API Developer who wants to become part of an exciting organization supporting StormGeo’s ambitious business.
As part of StormGeo’s DataOps team you will help us to constantly look for different ways of making complex datasets available through modern data platforms, data management and business intelligence. You will help us build our fundaments in Data Science and AI stronger and work with rapidly developing technologies.
The perfect candidate will be a first class API Developer and will have a background in computer science or a related field, and the ability to be a great driver for the StormGeo's data platform.
Knowledge of storage services, API frameworks, automation tools, and programming languages will enable you to apply the best technology needed for the job and bring our APIs to the next level.
Workplace will preferably be in Bergen.
- Have a complete understanding and experience using the REST architectural style
- Create and document modern data APIs in a mixed cloud and on prem environments
- Work closely with internal team and external partners to ensure new developments align with roadmap and integrate seamlessly with other platform components
- Support ongoing development for existing projects/applications
- Identify opportunities to leverage new technologies to enhance applications
- Be an advocate of the value the API-first design:
- Your API is the first user interface of your application
- Your API comes first, then the implementation
- Your API is described (and maybe even self-descriptive)
- BSc in computer science, information technology, computer engineering or a related field
- Advanced skills in WebApi, C# .NET, MVC, .NET Core, SQL and database administration
- Knowledge of Git, TeamCity, Octopus
- 3+ years of development experience
- Self-motivated and innovative, with strong problem-solving instincts and close attention to details
- Ability to work within a team in a multidisciplinary environment
- Good written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong understanding in object oriented programming and design patterns
- Ability to learn existing systems as well as new technologies and frameworks
- Experience working with cloud providers and cloud architecture
How to apply
If you find this position motivating and challenging, please upload your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than January 25th.