A Meteorologist is a weather forecaster who provides timely and accurate weather information to clients within company objectives. Usually specializes for a specific vertical within Houston Operations, but can also be asked to be a generalist.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for quality, accurate and professional weather forecasts and alerts while maintaining required ISO 9001 quality standards as written in the relevant vertical Quality Standards document.
· Displays initiative to take on extra tasks; volunteers to participate in projects.
· Coordinates weather products with other teams within the office (and if necessary, group).
· Supports other teams within operations.
· Completes annual and quarterly training as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
· Be our clients’ meteorological partner. Understand their operations and know that they are counting on you to keep them apprised of any weather threats to their operations. Display initiative and collaborate with the CST on reaching out to clients via phone call, and in some cases email, to ensure they know what you know.
· Exhibit a positive attitude and display winning team attributes. Professional appearance, strong work ethic and a willingness to accept change and adapt are required.