The global and European energy landscape is undergoing rapid transformation, compelling energy providers to respond swiftly to the challenges arising from ambitious growth targets while ensuring sustainable practices.
At Energy and Power Day hosted on November 2, 2023, our distinguished speakers and experts delved into profound insights, shedding light on the current forces that influence and mold the energy and power markets. These encompass not only extreme weather and climate change but also extend to geopolitical challenges and the integration of cutting-edge technologies.
Content of the recording:
Macro presentation "Shifting the Balance within the Energy Trilemma" with Lars Eirik Nicolaisen, Deputy-CEO at Rystad Energy
- New realities to affordability, reliability and sustainability to the energy mix
- Impact on climate scenarios
- The Question of Offshore: where and when will we see the next wave
Macro presentation "Long Term Impacts to Power Prices and Investments" with Sigbjørn Seland, Chief Analyst at StormGeo Nena
- The evolving energy and power investment outlook
- Key assumptions underpinning market developments
- Long-term trajectory of electricity prices: what to expect
- Energy transition's influence on the investment landscape
Panel "Climate Change Affecting Weather Patterns – Implications for the Industry"
We have gathered industry experts from Innovation Norway, 7Analytics, and StormGeo, who investigated the tangible effects of climate change on European energy sectors and discussed real-world consequences of shifting weather patterns.
Presentation "Fostering Sustainability through Smart Data Analysis" with Nina Winther-Kaland, Director Data Science at StormGeo
- From weather forecasting to deep tech, data and domain expertise have been key to StormGeo's solutions. Quality is the key foundation!
- An advanced technology platform with advanced analytics - use cases from StormGeo. A focus on secure and sustainable operations
- Adapting to global data security regulations - working towards zero trust architecture
- A snapshot of the future of weather and climate forecasting
Deputy-CEO and Senior Partner, Rystad EnergyView more
Chief Analyst, StormGeo NenaView more
Head of Innovation, StormGeoView more
Co-founder and CEO, 7AnalyticsView more
Head of Strategic Export Priorities, Innovation NorwayView more
Head of Governmental Affairs, Deep Wind OffshoreView more
Chief Commercial Officer, StormGeoView more
Director Data Science, StormGeoView more